Alida Zweidler-McKay helps business owners and executives delegate effectively, lead authentically, and build productive teams. She believes that when leaders tap into the talents of those around them, and people are working together well, businesses flourish and team members are engaged and satisfied.
From one-on-one coaching to team coaching and workshops, Alida’s programs develop leaders and teams to be more productive and creative. Her work is based on an innovative and effective systems approach to change that works at all levels – individual, team, group and organization. She has been coaching and consulting to teams for over 20 years, with clients ranging from Fortune 10 companies to small businesses on their way to phenomenal success.
When I’m Not at Work
Outside of work, I enjoy hobbies that support slowing down and connecting — to the natural world, to others, to myself.
My family and I spend our weekends and vacations hiking, horseback riding and exploring with friends.
Pets have nearly always been a part of my life. I enjoy their company and what I can learn in relationships with them. Over a lifetime, my pet family has included cats, dogs, horses, hamsters, mice, guinea pigs, fish and a chicken.
When left to my own devices, I enjoy jewelry-making and English paper piece quilting. I like the meditative pace of putting something together one piece at a time. I also love baking, especially pies. I sometimes eat pie for breakfast (hey, carbs and fruit – that’s breakfast, right?).
To work off the pie, I love to dance as a way to have fun while staying fit. That’s a lesson I bring to my client work: We’re more likely to achieve our goals when we can have fun along the way.
Education and Certifications
- Over 10 years of personal and professional development through the Systems-Centered® Training and Research Institute, founded by Yvonne Agazarian
- Over 100 hours providing one-on-one coaching to professionals
- Certified Trainer for Personify Leadership®
- Certified Trainer for the Power + Systems Organization Workshop®
- Certified Trainer in SAVI® (System for Analyzing Verbal Behavior) and Certified Master SAVI® Coder
- MBA in Finance and Organization Change from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- B.A. in Sociology/Anthropology from Swarthmore College
Publications and Presentations
- “Exploring Our Experience Applying SCT® in Organizations” presented with Lotte Paans at the Systems-Centered® Training Conference (March 2017)
- “SAVI® Fundamentals: Observing Behavior, Seeing System: At Work, In Therapy, At Home” with Fran Carter, presented at the Systems-Centered® Training Conference (March 2017)
- “Delegating with Ease” presented at Be the Brand Live! (March 2017)
- “Communications Effectiveness: SAVI® the System for Analyzing Verbal Interactions” with Michelle Lynskey presented to PMI Houston (June 2016)
- “Functional Subgrouping” presented to Polarity Partners Learning Community (November 2015) and to Association for Talent Development (ATD) Houston Fall Conference (September, 2015)
- “Personify Leadership®: Be a Leader Who’s Courageous in Tough Times” presented to HR Houston (January, 2015) and to ATD Houston (May, 2015)
- “Crossing the Boundary from SCT Experiential Training to Working in an OD Work Context” presented at the Systems-Centered® Training Annual Conference (March 2015)
- “Using Multiple Modes of Learning for Leadership Development Programs” with Wayne Dorris, based on the Personify Leadership® module “The Mind of a Leader: Be a leader who is Emotionally Resilient” presented to HODN (June 2014)
- “Seeing through a Human System Lens” presented to ASTD Houston Woodlands (June, 2012)
- “Using SCT to Manage Splitting in Organization Contexts,” Systems-Centered News, Fall 2011
- “Human Systems: How Roles Contribute to Behavior in Organizations” presented to HODN (July, 2011)
- “Designing an Organizational Intervention Based on How We Diagram the Problem – a Case Study” with Wayne Dorris, presented at the Systems-Centered® Training Annual Conference, (Spring 2011)
- “Storytelling and the Art of Leadership” presented to HODN (March, 2009) and to ASTD West (April, 2010)
- “Storytelling Your Way to Better Business” presented to the Institute for Management Consultants Houston Chapter (September, 2009)
- “Storytelling in Organizations” presented to the HODN (November, 2005)
- “Necessary Fantasy and the Politics of Disappointment: Case Study of a Virtual Organization,” with Elizabeth Blaylock, plenary talk at the annual meeting for the International Society for the Psychoanalytic Study of Organizations (June 2003)
- “The ‘Real Options’ Approach to Capital Decision-Making: Planning for Change,” with Bart Parrott & Carole Wedge, presented to the Society for College & University Planners (SCUP), (October, 2003)
- “Building Support for Innovation Inside Child Welfare Agencies,” with John Mattingly, presented at the Annie E. Casey Foundation Family-to-Family Conference (September, 2000)
- “Hewlett Packard’s Global Alliance Program” with R. Moss Kanter, Harvard Business School Publishing, 1999
- “New Approaches to Strategy: Dynamic alignment of strategy and execution,” with Peter Fuchs and Andrew Young, in Strategic Supply Chain Alignment, edited by John Gattorna, July 1998